A long time ago, people had deciphered that there’s a connection between the twelve months of the year, the twelve Zodiac signs and twelve precious gemstones that affect those born in each month. Birthstones, as we know them, thus came into being. As every month has its own special gemstone so buy emerald nose ring online from a huge collection that boosts the fortune of those born in that month. The May babies out there can easily turn everyone else green with envy as the May birthstone is the beautiful gem of Emerald that heralds good fortune for all of you born in this month.
- Emeralds are one of the rarest gemstones.
- This gemstone is a variety of a mineral named Beryl.
- In earlier days, they were considered as symbols of fertility, rebirth and love.
- Today, these gemstones also signify wisdom, growth and patience.
- Its vivid green hue symbolizes renewal of life and revitalization, making it the perfect choice for the spring month.
- The name is derived from the word “smaragdus” which means ‘green’ in Greek.
- The ancient Romans believed that the Emerald represents all the qualities of Venus, the Roman Goddess of Love.
- The ancient Greeks associated Emeralds with Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of fertility, love & beauty.
- The Egyptian Queen Cleopatra had great admiration and a deep fascination for Emeralds, and she claimed to be the owner of all Emerald mines in Egypt during her reign.
- There were Emerald mines in Egypt dating back to as far as 1300 BC, while the Muzo Indians of Columbia mined Emeralds since 500 AD.
- Emeralds are very effective in healing problems associated with eyes, spine and fertility.
- The soothing properties of Emeralds work well in stabilizing the mind and hence are great at treating insomnia, nightmares, mood swings & schizophrenia.
- This stone is also said to enhance love, unity, friendship and bring domestic bliss.
- Emeralds are also used to fortify the immunity and circulatory systems, effectively healing stomach problems too.
- The color of Emeralds can range from a light green to a rich, vividly deep green.
- The colors can be deepened or enhanced by treating the stone with heat.
- The color of the final stone also depends upon the cut and clarity achieved by the hands of the gemologist.
- There are also very rare Emeralds that are an intense greenish-blue in hue.
- Red Emeralds also exist, but they are considered extremely rare.
- David Beckham
- Bob Dylan
- Wes Anderson
- Rabindranath Tagore
- Madhuri Dixit
- Satyajit Ray
- George Clooney
- Clint Eastwood