If you thought that only the Zodiac Sign of a person depends on the month of his or her birth, then you are wrong! Your birthday (or month) also decides the identity of your birthstone. A birthstone is a gemstone associated with each month and having a unique significance & history. And in that regard, the April babies are one of the luckiest as their birthstone is one of the most coveted gems – diamond! Here’s a run-down on why diamonds are special in this month and what it means for all April-borns.
- We generally associate a diamond, which is the unique birthstone for the month of April, with eternal love and romance.
- Diamonds are called “vajra” in Sanskrit, which is the mythological weapon of Indra, the king of gods.
- Since ancient times, diamonds stand for purity, innocence, eternity and courage.
- More popularly known for being the symbol of love & commitment, diamonds are used for engagement & wedding rings.
- Some historians believe that diamonds were traded since as early as 4 B.C., and this brilliant gemstone has indeed been valued since time immemorial.
- Before men discovered the process of diamond formation, ancient civilizations believed that diamonds are lightning made real on earth!
- When the Mughals started mining diamonds from deposits of major rivers, diamonds became popular in India too.
- From being used for trade to adorning royal jewels to being a girl’s best friend, diamonds have indeed come a long way!
- Always considered a symbol of purity, a diamond’s pure white light brings clarity in your life – be it in relationships or in your thoughts.
- Diamonds are energy amplifiers that bring strength & endurance to all energies and also enhance the power of other crystals.
- This gemstone is ideal for blocking electromagnetic stress, thus being protection against cell phone emanations.
- Diamonds also effectively treat dizziness and vertigo, as well as benefit the brain, re-balance metabolism and build up stamina & strength.
- The most amazing thing about diamonds is that they dazzle equally in all their various hues!
- From the pure elegance of a white diamond to the stunning beauty of a black diamond, this gemstone never fails to impress.
- The value of the gems depends on the intensity of the color, and one can choose from an array of sparkling diamonds in shades of yellow, red, pink, blue and green.
- Some healing properties of the stone also vary according to the colour – a yellow diamond makes you more considerate, while a blue diamond strengthens willpower!
- Sachin Tendulkar
- B.R. Ambedkar
- Mukesh Ambani
- Ajay Devgan
- Adolf Hitler
- William Shakespeare
- Leonardo Da Vinci
- Emma Watson
- Charlie Chaplin
- Jackie Chan